Introducing Country Oaks Animal Hospital’s Canine Treadmill for Exercise & Weight Loss
We are proud to announce the installation of a new Jog-A-Dog® treadmill designed specifically for dogs. The treadmill has variable speed control that can be gradually increased to provide an optimal workout for the individual. The speed range is 0 to 12 mph. This model even permits changing the incline to suit the pet’s stride and strength.
Land treadmills are useful for weight loss, conditioning during rehabilitation from injury and conditioning for sports. They are also a fabulous way to provide active aerobic exercise during the blistering hot summer months. Between the heat and the rains, it can be challenging to provide active dogs with the exercise they need to stay fit and calm.
This particular canine treadmill was chosen after extensive research among the several currently being produced and it provides a long bed, which is essential for dog’s longer stride length. This is the model used by the dogs at the Westminster Dog Show for their fitness room!
- The Benefits of Treadmill Exercise
- Exercise is a safe, air conditioned environment all year round
- Develop or maintain muscle, strength and stamina
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Provide an outlet for pent up energy & reduce edgy or unruly behavior
- Prevent obesity & associated health problems
- Treat obesity when combined with a weight management program
- Reduce risk of joint disease by improving musculoskeletal conditioning
- Analyze & improve gait in athletes
- Facilitate gait training in injured & disabled pets