Class IV Therapeutic LASER
We are excited to introduce our new Class IV therapeutic LASER at Country Oaks Animal Hospital. Therapeutic LASER has a wide range of applications in veterinary medicine all of which have the ability to improve the quality of life for our companion animals.
The biological effects of the Class IV LASER are varied, but the end result from the patient perspective is reduction in pain, swellling and inflammation.
These therapeutic LASERS are popular in humans as well for the reduction of pain without the potential side effects of pharmaceuticals.
Some of the most common indications for Class IV Therapeutic LASER are…
- Pain and stiffness from osteoarthritis… hip, back, shoulder and elbow
- Pain and stiffness from hip and elbow dysplasia common in our large breed dogs
- Inflammation and discomfort associated with intervertebral disc disease (back pain)
- Acute injuries such as ligament and tendon strains and sprains
- Inflammation associated with severe ear infections and “lick granulomas