April 13, 2020 Update
We are continuing the same safety procedures outlined in our March Covid-19 announcement below. These are in compliance with the AVMA’s recommendations. We are making some adjustments in our schedule to allow greater opportunity to disinfect and better suit everyone’s needs. We will be open from 8am through 5:30pm Monday through Friday. We will not be seeing appointments on Saturdays, but we will be staffed from 8am to noon for medication and prescription food pick-up and phone calls.
March 19, 2020 Update
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow in scope in the U.S., we are expanding our safety precautions to help protect our clients and our healthcare team by following CDC & WHO guidelines.
This necessitates reduced direct human contact and we are changing our appointment, boarding procedures and food/prescription pick-up protocols. While we are open to provide continued veterinary care and boarding, our lobby is currently closed.
We are asking clients to not enter the building to reduce direct human contact and potential spread. It is nearly impossible to create an adequate safe distance in the veterinary hospital environment.
To protect the health of our team and other clients, we request all clients showing any signs of illness including low grade fever and simple body aches please remain at home and not bring your pet in for care. This includes the more obvious signs of COVID-19 as well.
- Check-in/Admission: Please call upon arrival with your pet and a team member will speak to you over the phone to record your pet’s current health status, including any symptoms or concerns or specific requests. Someone will then come to the car to collect the pet to bring them into the clinic for examination and evaluation and to have you sign any documents, if needed.
- We ask you to remain in your car onsite if your pet is here for an exam/appointment so you are readily available should we have any questions and in order to return your pet to you as promptly as possible. Our goal is to minimize pet anxiety and have you reunited as quickly as is practical. We will use our typical anxiety-reducing Fear Free techniques.
- Once the exam/evaluation is complete, we will call to share any concerns or clarify questions and review the results of the exam and recommendations for treatment if warranted.
- One of the team will then take care of processing payment so the receipt may be returned to you with your pet as well as any medications if indicated.
- Surgical or Dental Procedures (anything involving sedation or anesthesia): the check-in process is the same, but you need not stay onsite and we will call you later with an update per our usual protocol. We will review any findings, questions, medications by phone and discharge like an appointment.
- Boarding Pets: the check-in process is similar and we’ll review your pet’s feeding schedule, needs/concerns during boarding and have you sign the usual boarding paperwork. If you are picking up from boarding, you may call ahead and we can process payment and collect your pet’s belongs for delivery to you. Please call when you arrive and we’ll bring everything to your car for you, bringing your pet(s) last if there are multiple trips.
- For medication pick-up, please call from your car and we can process payment over the phone and deliver your medication or food and receipt directly to you in your vehicle. Many medications (not all) can be mailed by Priority Mail also if that is preferable. Order Pet food for delivery
Our goal is to provide the same great service and care while minimizing risk during this uncertain and stressful time. While this is unfamiliar to us all, if we work together, we can continue to provide healthcare for your animals safely. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust as needed as this evolves. We do expect disruption in supply chains and distribution of products and medications. We will continue to strive to provide the best possible care for your family pets.
We do so appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented crisis. Our hope is to be able to continue to provide comprehensive healthcare for your pets throughout this difficult situation.
From all the doctors and staff of Country Oaks….
Please stay safe!